"I devoted my entire life to study and improve ancient healing techniques and recipes that make it possible to prevent diseases by restoring the balance of energies and elements and find the path to a cure, long life and wellbeing".
MASTER OF TRADITIONAL TIBETAN MEDICINE
Dr. Sherab Tenzin is the HEART OF DAKNANG, as he carefully compounds formulas, supervises clinical trials and heals people.
Dr. Sherab Tenzin has a more than 7-YEAR MEDICAL STUDIES in Bhutan and Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute in Darjeeling under great scholars.
25-YEAR OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE.
Dr. Sherab Tenzin is a founder and director of several Tibetan Medicine clinics Pure Vision Sorig and retreat healing and research center in valley of Dollu (Nepal).
- Buddhist Philosophy at Phajoding Monastery and Tango Buddhist Institute in Thimpu, Bhutan
- Traditional Tibetan medicine at Dechen Choeling Tibetan Medical Institute in Thimpu, Bhutan from 1987-1990
- Tibetan medicine and Surgery theoretical studies at Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute in Darjeeling obtaining the Bachelor’s Degree, from 1992 – 1996
- Dzongkha and Tibetan language at the St. Joseph’s College and St. Paul’s School in Darjeeling, India from 1991 – 1995
- In 2009 received the degree of “Men Rampa” (MD) in traditional medicine “Sowa-Rigpa”
Internship and supervised practice
- Internship under the personal guidance of Dr. Trogawa Rinpoche, the Founder and Director of Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute, from 1997 – 2001
- Resident doctor at the Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute, from 1998-2000
From 1999-2006 Dr. Sherab worked as a consultant doctor and advocate for rare medicinal plantations including conservation, management and sustainable use of endangered medicinal plants in the Mount Everest region.
Meantime Dr. Sherab has been working in the framework of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) of Nepal for research and exploration of medicinal plants. In the period of 2006-2007, Dr. Sherab teamed up with Jan Baker and National Geographic on the expedition in search of five magical plants in Pemako, Tibet.
In 2005, he acted in a documentary movie for the National Geographic Channel series “The Science of Mind”; concerning traditional indigenous medicine.
In 2007 Dr. Sherab visited area of Pemako, Tibet and revealed a dire state of local people and came up with the idea of smart land exploitation for the benefit of local people, namely recognizing, harvesting and preparing medicinal herbs in the surrounding area.
After that Dr. Sherab has organized and is currently managing several high-altitude plantations of medicinal plants in Nepal and Bhutan.
CLINIC & HEALING CENTER
Sherab is the founder and director of the healing clinic “Pure Vision Sorig” in Kathmandu, Nepal and retreat center in the valley of Dollu, Pharping, Nepal.
Dr. Sherab is the one of two resident doctors in the healing clinic. Clinic has a drug store, reception room and several massage rooms. Retreat center has a drugs and body care store, reception room, massage room, SPA and comfortable retreat rooms.
MEDICAL & HEALING TOURS
Dr. Sherab worked in the German NGO (Medi-Himal) and participated in free medical services in the remote villages of Nepal and regularly organises and participates in free medical camps.
Starting from 2004 Dr. Sherab is making healing tours and giving lectures in Europe, USA and Asia.