About Tibetan Medicine – Sowa Rigpa
The pulse is read in both wrists and by the placement of the doctor’s fingers, the balance in each of the organs can be detected. The use of urine observation can also detect imbalances and their causes. These diagnosis techniques can pick up very subtle imbalances that can lead to problems in the future to severe, chronic disorders. Treatment of Tibetan Medicine includes Mey-Tsar (Tibetan moxa), golden needle, herbal medicines, diet, applications of hot or cold, natural or medicinal bath, enema, purgatives, Ku Nye (Tibetan Message), spiritual practice, five-element color therapy and astrological configuration. These treatments can be used to treat on-going chronic illnesses as to prevent illness, aid in a longer life and improved spiritual practice.
Tibetan Medicine can be used to treat:
- Emotional disturbances, anxiety, agitation, frustration and insomnia.
- Disorders of the digestive tract and liver.
- Heart disorders due to poor circulation, angina and stroke.
- Neurological symptoms and diseases including spinal stenosis, multiple sclerosis, motor, limb and sense impairment and epilepsy.
- Respiratory problems from common colds to asthma and pneumonia.
- Sinus disorders.
- Gynecological disorder.
- PMS, menstrual pain, menopausal symptoms, infertility, pre-and post-natal care needs.