About Doctor Sherab Tenzin
Dr. Sherab Tenzin was born to Jigme Tenzin Barma and Khaumo Barma in the Kingdom of Bhutan in 1967. His father was a Vajra Master, an emanation of a great yogi from Pemako, Tibet. Dr. Sherab has a wife Pema and two kids, son Gesar and a daughter Tsiring.
Dr. Sherab has been studying following subjects:
- Buddhist Philosophy at Phajoding Monastery and Tango Buddhist Institute in Thimpu, Bhutan
- Traditional Tibetan medicine at Dechen Choeling Tibetan Medical Institute in Thimpu, Bhutan from
- Tibetan medicine and Surgery theoretical studies at Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute in Darjeeling
obtaining the Bachelor’s Degree, from 1992 – 1996
- Dzongkha and Tibetan language at the St. Joseph’s College and St. Paul’s School in Darjeeling, India
from 1991 – 1995
- In 2009 received the degree of "Men Rampa" (MD) in traditional medicine "Sowa-Rigpa"
Internship and supervised practice
- Internship under the personal guidance of Dr. Trogawa Rinpoche, the Founder and Director of
Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute, from 1997 – 2001
- Resident doctor at the Chagpori Tibetan Medical Institute, from 1998-2000
From 1999-2006 Dr. Sherab worked as a consultant doctor and advocate for rare medicinal plantations including conservation, management and sustainable use of endangered medicinal plants in the Mount Everest region.
Meantime Dr. Sherab has been working in the framework of the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) of Nepal for research and exploration of medicinal plants. In the period of 2006-2007, Dr. Sherab teamed up with Jan Baker and National Geographic on the expedition in search of five magical plants in Pemako, Tibet.
In 2005, he acted in a documentary movie for the National Geographic Channel series “The Science of Mind”; concerning traditional indigenous medicine.
In 2007 Dr. Sherab visited area of Pemako, Tibet and revealed a dire state of local people and came up with the idea of smart land exploitation for the benefit of local people, namely recognizing, harvesting and preparing medicinal herbs in the surrounding area.
After that Dr. Sherab has organized and is currently managing several high-altitude plantations of medicinal plants in Nepal and Bhutan.
Clinic And Healing Center
Sherab is the founder and director of the healing clinic “Pure Vision Sorig” in Kathmandu, Nepal and retreat center “Pure Vision Sorig” in the valley of Dollu, Pharping, Nepal.
Dr. Sherab is the one of two resident doctors in the healing clinic. Clinic has a drug store, reception room and several massage rooms. Retreat center has a drugs and body care store, reception room, massage room, SPA and comfortable retreat rooms.
Medical And Healing Tours
Dr. Sherab worked in the German NGO (Medi-Himal) and participated in free medical services in the remote villages of Nepal and regularly organises and participates in free medical camps. Starting from 2004 Dr. Sherab is making healing tours and giving lections in Europe, USA and Asia.